KOTH consists of:
Auto – X
AND NO EBAY COILOVERS EVER
Each event is open to 40 teams of 4 drivers. Drivers can not apply their fastest time to more than one discipline per event. Therefore, all 4 drivers must put in a time for each discipline.
- Vehicles should be valued at $1000 – with a $500 claimer! Daewoo to Bugatti if you show up with it, we assume its worth $1000
- Vehicles must have all body panels especially and including the roof
- Vehicles must have a windshield, oem or ¼” + Lexan
- Vehicles must have a seatbelt, OEM or 5 point +
- Vehicles must use the Spec tire – Uniroyal Tiger Paw Touring
- Vehicles cannot use a tire wider than the OEM base model section width & wheel diameter unless smaller than 195 Section width and 15’’, which will serve as the base tire size. Aspect ratio is open for all tires.
- The Pontiac Aztec is the only unclaimable vehicle.
- Vehicles must meet a 95db at 50 ft sound limit. IE OEM Exhaust. Sound Violation will result in event DQ and forfeiture of participation in the remainder of event. Tire squeal should be the loudest thing we do.
- Vehicles must not leak fluids excessively, stewards discretion
- SA2010 or newer helmet, long pants, closed toe shoes required – any violations will result in a total DQ
- Events will be run rain, shine, or snow. Stewards Discretion
- Convertibles are allowed
- Points are awarded to the team, not the vehicle, so a team may show up with a different vehicle/drivers each event.
- Cars with high rollover risk are prohibited. IE Ford Exploder, Stewards Discretion
- Drivers can drive for a maximum of 4 teams, but can only submit ONE fast segment per event regardless of team. IE No AutoX or TT ringers.
- Nitrous is not allowed in any form or fashion on participating vehicles.
- Battery cannot be relocated and must be securely fastened in OEM location
- Pre-Registration is First Come First Served, we don’t care how many points you have, if you forget to register that’s on you.
- Not everyone is guaranteed to drive every segment. Time and Daylight are limited
- Transponders will be mounted on the rear bumper of all vehicles. Replacement cost of damaged or not returned Transponders is $499.
- A Team may only bring 1 car per event. No backup cars, ringer cars, or purposeful failures.
- $20 fines will be levied to teams who ask questions that can be found in this rulebook.
THE CLAIMER RULE MEANS SOMEONE CAN MAKE YOU TRADE CARS. IF YOU ARE NOT OK WITH LOSING YOUR VEHICLE FOR ANOTHER, DO NOT REGISTER!
- Claims will be submitted at the end of each event.
- All Teams need to have a legal claim (bill of sale, title, etc) the vehicle they are participating in. The person with the legal claim must sign a waiver at time of check-in.
- If a claim is tendered, the car MUST change hands.
- A claim will represent a trade of vehicles – and $500 in cash – $250 to the team of the claimed car, $250 to the series pot.
- A vehicle can only be claimed once per event.
- If multiple claims are submitted for the same vehicle, priority goes to the lowest finishing team that completed all segments of the event!
- Claims cannot be tendered with broken equipmnt. Stewards decision.
- Claims are subject to stewards discretion.
- All parts go with a claimed car. No removing parts from cars that are claimed, or about to be tendered for claim.
- Everything that happens during KOTH is at Stewards Discretion. I reserve the right to enforce or not enforce anything as I see fit, as well as issue penalties as my imagination sees fit.
- All teams must have a Mr. Gasket receipt for check-in.
- Loopholes will be slammed shut, as they are found, severe penalties will be rendered if not reported before exploited.
- If a team does not have enough drivers for all segments, or a driver is DQ’d, the slowest submitted time of the event for the segment will be duplicated and applied. Or I just might throw a bunch of 9’s at you, we’ll see how I feel.
- THIS EVENT IS FOR FUN. I WILL MESS WITH POINTS IF PEOPLE ARE TAKING IT TO SERIOUSLY AND MAKING IT NOT FUN FOR OTHER PARTICIPANTS.
- 7:30am Check-In, Transponder issuance Team Captain only
- 8:00am Drivers Meeting – All Drivers must attend drivers meeting – No late arrivals, THEY WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE.
- 8:30am-12:30 East Track Open for Time Trial. 10 Cars allowed on Track at a time, point-by required, aggressive driving will get NO WARNINGS and DQ’d
- 1:00pm-3:00 Auto-X
- 3:00pm-4:30 Relay-X
- 4:45 Stewards compiling results, Yay Math.
- 5:00pm Results, Claims, Stuff in Classroom